Friday, September 21, 2012

Book Tour Guest-Samantha Holt Author, The Angels Assasin, a Medivel Story of Love and Betreyal


Author Bio:

Samantha Holt resides in Warwickshire, England, with her twin girls, having followed her soldier husband around the UK for nearly 10 years. Growing up in Hampshire, she was inspired by the authors Jane Austen and Elizabeth Gaskell, both of which lived and wrote only miles from her home town.

Samantha loves the romance genre and has been devouring romantic literature for as long as she can remember. History is another passion of hers and she loves to combine her love for history and romance into exciting and passionate tales.



Blurb:


A medieval story of love and betrayal.

As a rebellion sweeps England, Lady Annabel finds her home overrun by rebels. Much to her relief, a dark knight comes to her rescue, claiming to have been sent to protect her by her uncle.

But Nicholas holds a secret about the job he was sent to do and it is a far cry from what Annabel believes it to be. As the attraction between them grows, Nicholas begins to question the dark life he has lived. But is it enough to change him and will Annabel ever trust again after learning the true nature of his sinful duty?

Author Interview:

1. What genre do you write?
I write historical romantic fiction.

2. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

There's nothing particularly deep about my books, really I just want to offer my readers a happy ending with an interesting journey on the way but I enjoy exploring different personalities and how they react to one another. All of my heroes and heroines learn something along the way.

3. How much of the book is realistic?

Because all my romances are set in the medieval times, it can be tricky. The middle ages spans such a large stretch of time that things change depending on when you set it so there is no distinct rules for writing medieval stories. You just have to research...a lot! Generally I try to ensure that they are as accurate and as realistic as possible but naturally there are places where you have to take artistic licence and just hope your reader forgives you. I try and convey some of the grittiness of the times but people are reading them for the romance, not a history lesson, so I would say my books are as realistic as I can allow them to be.

4. What books have most influenced your life the most?

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell and most of Jane Auten's works. I was actually brought up on a steady diet of sci-fi and fantasy, like Terry Pratchett. That was my bedtime reading as a child! I still love the genre but I just don't have the ability to pull stories from mid-air.

5. Can you share a little of your current work with us?



My latest full length story is under way. It's in the very early stages but I can say it will involve two brother's and will explore how a relationship can develop when there is a communicative barrier.



6. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Keeping the pace going can be difficult, particularly when trying to link two scenes. That's why I have several critique partners that can help me nail down any pesky slow parts.

7. What is your favorite food?

This is a question that has got me stumped for years! I honestly can't name one single dish, as I love so many and it depends on my mood. My favourite's include a nice curry, good old English fish and chips, scallops, lamb shank in mint gravy, stuffed peppers...oh too many to name!

Links:


Here are my links: http://www.samanthaholt.org.uk
http://www.facebook.com/romanticfiction

All my books are purchasable from Amazon:





No comments:

Post a Comment

New Book Butterfly- Life in Poems

Buy It On Amazon https://bit.ly/3SpZE5E Buy It From Me Signed PayPal diannabelleroseshow@gmail.com Domestic Price $15.00 Include your addre...