Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Welcome to The Next Big Thing blog hop




Welcome to The Next Big Thing blog hop!!! Is this a chain letter for authors? No. 

Does it promote hopping as a creative outlet for those suffering from writer’s block? 

Nope. 

Simply put, it’s a way for readers to get to know authors and the quirks that live inside them.

The chance to participate came from my LinkedIn buddy and fellow author, Dianna Bellerose. 

Many thanks, Dianna, for this great imposed--, I mean, opportunity! To get to know a bit more about                    
                                                                        Dianna and her newest novel, Fire and Ice

         In this blog hop, I've been asked to answer the following ten questions. No reason to be alarmed yet, most is G-rated. Just as Dianna has tagged me, I’m now tagging two of my other author buddies. 
 Please do check them out, and their work, as well (links appear below). Subsequently, they’ll be                                                       answering these same questions on their own blogs.         
Please feel free to comment on anything and, above all else, stay inspired. Finish that WIP!!!
Please welcome to my blogger Clint Adams and learn more about him:
   
               Clint, what is the working title of your newest book?

     First of all, many thanks, Dianna. It’s a pleasure to take part in this. The title of my current Work-in Progress: Evangeline: The Seer of Wall St.


            2) Where did the idea come from for the book?

Good one. My answer’s a two-parter:
1) (Yeeears ago) While rehearsing for a play in college, my scene partner wanted to know a bit more about me/my background. I’d mentioned that I am a direct-descendant of John and John Quincy Adams. She said, “Oh, then you must be related to Evangeline Adams, too.” Not knowing who E. Adams was, I was told that she’s one of the most famous astrologers in history. “OK, whatever.” (Yeeears later) As a writer, I’d thought about writing something about this woman, E. Adams, who turns out to be my great, great aunt. As a novelist, I’d never really had a desire to write a biography or any non-fiction book. Onto the back-burner this project went.
2) A few months ago, I was flipping through the (online) pages of Wikipedia. There, I saw a blurb of Evangeline Adams and it mentioned the name Emma Sheridan Fry, Evangeline’s “companion” during the 1920s-30s. Yippee!!!
1) + 2) = the story I’d been seeking (a lesbian love story involving the world’s most famous astrologer).

3)      What genre does your book come under?

Not historical fiction. It’s mainstream (commercial) fiction, plain and simple.

4)      Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Funny you should ask, Dianna. Immediately prior to writing the first draft of Evangeline I’d written my first screenplay. In Screenwriting 101 you learn to “have in mind the actor/actress you see playing the protagonist” as you write your script. Although Evangeline’s a novel, not a screenplay, I’d imagined Nicole Kidman playing the title role. At present, she’s 45 and in the E:TSOWS Evangeline ages from her late-twenties to late-sixties.
5)      What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Although we’re not in a courtroom, I’d love to ‘re-phrase the question’ if I may. From Day One of writing, I kept thinking of the theme driving the plot of this story more than anything else. My one-sentence theme within this book: ‘You can’t escape your (true) destiny.’

6)      Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?
As you know, this is a WIP and not yet published. My five previous novels (young adult and adult) were published by Credo Italia, my own imprint. All, including this one, are un-agented. If I worked with an agent, one of us would, for sure, end up killing the other. And, we wouldn’t want that to happen now, would we?!?
7)      How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

64 consecutive days (w/ synopsis, ch-to-ch outline creation and char. development); 57 (w/o).

8)      What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Again, I don’t regard this as historical fiction, nor lesbian historical fiction. It think Evangeline’s plot is loosely akin to the story in  Brokeback Mountain by AnnieProulx. Instead of hunky cowboys though, I’m instead writing about two (rather famous) women from one hundred years ago.
9)      Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My great, great aunt, Evangeline Adams. Also, my writing for teens has always been message-driven…with the intent of helping them in their lives. This book is much less deep, philosophical. I see Evangeline, novel or movie, as being pure entertainment.
10)  What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Although the action takes place from 1899-1932, the central dilemma within the plot can still be found in society today: fame/fortune vs. leading an openly-gay lifestyle (living your true destiny).

Again, thanks a million, Dianna. Thanks, too, to y’all for reading and participating in this blog hop – it’s been fun. Please do check out my buddies and the fine work they do Edna Cabcabin Moran. Website: http://www.cabcabinmoran.com/new/book.html 

Her book:The Sleeping Giant: A Tale from Kaua’i 




  
Her blog: http://www.cabcabinmoran.com/blog        

Steven Dos Santos. Website: http://stevendossantos.com/home.html His book,The Culling: 












  
Her blog: http://www.cabcabinmoran.com/blog        

Steven Dos Santos. Website: http://stevendossantos.com/home.html His book,The Culling: 





His blog: http://stevendossantos.livejournal.com/










No comments:

Post a Comment

New Book Butterfly- Life in Poems

Buy It On Amazon https://bit.ly/3SpZE5E Buy It From Me Signed PayPal diannabelleroseshow@gmail.com Domestic Price $15.00 Include your addre...