Friday, September 20, 2013

New Book by the Best Selling Author, Dianna Bellerose- "Ashes and Ice" Only $1.99


Under the constant gloom of her crumbling marriage, Nancy fights to find the happiness her small family has lost.  With the family business in turmoil and Tom's drinking problems, the odds are stacked against them. Nancy and Tom must decide which path they will take...



                                                                   Chapter I



It was in the middle of March and the weather was cold and rainy. Everything was looking dark and unfriendly. It has been raining for the last couple of weeks.  The bad weather was taking a toll on Nancy, who was desperately trying to make sense of the life she was enduring. It had been almost a year since things went wrong. Nothing seemed to make her happy; her face was paled and tired. She was walking around the house with her head down. She made a morning coffee and sat on the chair. She was looking through the kitchen window and slowly sipping coffee. It was a quiet morning; the only noise was the running water in the shower. Suddenly, she heard steps coming her way. It was Tom coming into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. He looked well rested and ready to go to work. 
”Good morning Nancy, I am going to work and taking my coffee to go, I think it is going to be a great day. I want to get to work a little bit earlier, so I can have time to finish my coffee before anyone comes.”
Nancy replayed, “Good morning Tom, I love your enthusiasm this morning. I hope you will have a great day, and I will see you soon.”
Tom reached to the cupboard and got a cup, he slowly pour the coffee inside and headed towards garage door. There was a sound of an automatic garage door opening and soon it was quiet again.
Nancy was finishing her coffee and getting ready to leave. She slowly dressed, deep in thought. She reflected on her life and her lack of recognition. She wanted to be admired for her hard work at home and dedication of her time to help Tom, all the while always ignoring her own needs. She took a purple shirt and put it on with a pair of jeans. It was getting warmer outside, so she did not have to wear anything else.  She hurried herself to the front door, but her sad thoughts were interrupted by the noise of an opening door coming from Jen’s room. 
“Mom, I am late, I will call you later, and I wish you a wonderful day.”
Nancy continued, “Sounds like a plan, I will call you in case you forget, and I wish you pleasant day.”
Nancy was closing the open windows in the rooms, almost ready to leave. Her thoughts now focused on her relationship with Tom; he was pulling away from her and becoming more distant by the day. The phone rang and she picked it up,
“Hi Tom, I am almost ready, and I will be there shortly.”
“Yes, I remember about what you told me.”
“Great and goodbye”
Her purse was sitting on a chair next to her, so she reached for it and hurried into the garage and got in the car.

Facebook

Twitter

Amazon

Amazon Ca

Amazon UK

Amazon FR

Amazon DE

Amazon In

Amazon It

Amazon Es

Amazon Br

Amazon Jp

Amazon Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Book Butterfly- Life in Poems

Buy It On Amazon https://bit.ly/3SpZE5E Buy It From Me Signed PayPal diannabelleroseshow@gmail.com Domestic Price $15.00 Include your addre...